I love to bake and I am always trying new recipes and ingredients. Many of my friends are always talking about coconut oil and how wonderful it is for baking. I have to admit that up until now, I have never baked with coconut oil.When I received an opportunity to review coconut oil I got excited as I have never used it in baking. I was sent a container of Paradise Organic Coconut Oil to review on my blog and of course I knew I had to bake something. I decided to bake some granola bars with the coconut oil and the results are amazing. Lets just say I have to hide these granola bars deep in the fridge or I will eat too many of them. These granola bars are full of healthy items and can be great for breakfast or snacks.
Paradise Organic Coconut oil is a 100% natural coconut oil that can be used for hair, skin, eating, cooking and smoothies! Coconut oil is known as a healthy oil that is great for healthy cholesterol levels among many other things like increased energy. This oil is USDA certified organic and gluten free. I love that it is cold pressed, Non-GMO, and unrefined. The coconut oil is great for low carb diets too!
I love how clear this coconut oil is. This oil has a nice mild taste to it also.
To order this wonderful Paradise 100% Natural Coconut Oil, click on the below link.
Chocolate Almond Butter Granola Bars
1 cup almond butter or any other nut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup Paradise coconut oil
2 1/2 cups rolled oatmeal
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup flax meal
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the almond butter, honey, and coconut oil until smooth.
2. Combine the oatmeal, sunflower seeds and flax meal in a large bowl and stir in the almond butter mixture until well combined.
3. Press the mixture on a cookie sheet that has parchment or wax paper on it. If you don't have parchment or wax paper, you can oil the cookie sheet with a spray or butter.
4. Place more parchment paper on the granola bar mixture and press down with another cookie sheet. Use a greased spatula if you don't have parchment paper.
5. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and press down again.
6. Place the cookie sheet with the granola bar mixture on it in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Then slice the granola bars into bars.
7. Keep the granola bars in a seal container in the refrigerator, separating the layers with parchment paper or wax paper.