Oatmeal Cranberry Breakfast Cookies
1/2 cup butter, soften
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup Morning Pep coconut flour
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 cup flax meal
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup sunflower seeds
1) Lightly grease two baking sheets, or line them with parchment or silicone baking sheets.
2) In a large bowl, soften the butter and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add milk, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
3) Mix in the wheat flour, coconut flour, oatmeal, and flax meal. Stir until well combined. Add the dried cranberries and sunflower seeds, mix well.
4) Let the dough rest for 30 minutes or so at room temperature, for the oats to soften. Towards the end of the rest period, preheat the oven to 350°F.
5) Scoop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball of dough slightly.
6) Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Cool them on the baking sheets for 15 minutes or so, to allow them to set.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
To find out more about Morning Pep coconut flour and to purchase a bag, click on the below link.