This flavorful lentil loaf makes for a great meatless meal for Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving will be here soon and I can't wait for all the yummy food. Now for most people, including my own family, that means a big turkey in the oven. I don't eat meat so that big turkey has no place on my plate. I want to enjoy this day with a special entree on my plate as I don't to eat just veggies and mashed potatoes so I will be making this delicious flavorful savory cherry lentil loaf for my main course. This lentil loaf has a nice firm texture and slices so well. I love to serve this savory vegan loaf with a flavorful cranberry balsamic glaze. The cranberry balsamic glaze just brings out the flavor of this lentil loaf.
My cranberry balsamic glaze is made with an organic cranberry spread that will make your Thanksgiving meal special. Fiordifrutta Organic Fruit Spread Cranberry, made by Rigoni di Asiago, is not only very flavorful but is also organic, non-GMO, Kosher certified, and gluten free. The cranberries that are used in the spread are tasty and tart. For meat lovers, this spread will be great with your turkey on Thanksgiving. This spread will also be great with those leftover turkey sandwiches. Long after turkey day, I will be using this delicious cranberry spread on my bagels with cream cheese. You can find this delicious cranberry spread in natural stores like Whole Foods and online at Amazon. Fiordifrutta makes many other flavors of organic fruit spreads and Rigoni di Asiago also makes this wonderful organic hazelnut spread with cocoa and milk that is awesome on whole wheat toast. Go discover more about these delicious organic spreads at
Savory Cherry Lentil Loaf With Cranberry Balsamic Glaze
3 cups cooked lentils
3 tbsp chia seed
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary,chopped
1 cup oatmeal
2 pieces wheat bread
1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
1 cup chopped Walnuts
1/4 cup water
Preheat oven to 350F
1. Combine your chia and 1/2 cup water, mix together and set aside to let it gel.
2. Combine the lentils, onion, garlic, salt, rosemary, and oil all in a skillet and cook on medium until onion and lentils are soft, about 10 minutes.
3. Place the lentil mixture in a large bowl and set aside.
4. Combine the oatmeal and bread in a food processor and grind into a flour texture.
5. Then add the oat flour and gelled chia to the lentils that are in a large bowl. Stir in the dried cherries the chopped walnuts, and 1/4 cup water.
6. Mix everything together with a spoon or even your hands to make sure it gets well combined. Then press mixture into a 9X5 greased baking pan.
7. Bake for 45 minutes at 350F
When the lentil loaf is done, slice into slices and serve with the savory cranberry balsamic glaze.
Cranberry Balsamic Glaze
1/2 cup Fiordifrutta Organic Fruit Spread Cranberry
3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
To prepare the sauce, combine blueberry spread, vinegar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
Simmer over low heat for 4-5 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens. Since the spread is already thickened, you don’t need to heat this for too long.
"These opinions are my own and I received a sample of Fiordifrutta Organic Fruit Spread Cranberry to facilitate this post."