I love to bake all kinds of goodies like cookies, pizza, cake, and bread. I always have the most fun creating new recipes with bread. Good Cook sent me me their Sweet Creation 4 cup loaf pan and some Holiday parchment paper to create a bread in. Sweet Creation loaf pan makes 4 mini breads at one time which are great for holiday gifts. The mini breads also are great for fancy dinners, everyone gets their own loaf of bread. The 4 cup pan is non stick so clean up is a breeze. I like the rounded corners of the pan as it makes it easier to grease the pan. I used the pan to make Green Chile Cheese Bread and a Vegetarian Pate (I will do another post for that recipe.) I was very pleased with the results of both recipes. In this post I will show you how I make my wonderful Green Chile Cheese Bread, a family favorite at Christmas time. The best part is I will have a giveaway for you to win a Good Cook Sweet Creation pan and Holiday parchment paper.
This bread is also great for gifts!
Green Chile Cheese Bread
2/3 cup warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
4 teaspoons butter soften
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
3 tablespoons powder milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped green chile (I used some I had in the freezer but canned is ok)
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Stir in butter, salt, 1 cup of flour and powder milk. Stir in the remaining cup of flour and beat well. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic,adding more flour if needed.
2. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about an hour.
3. When the dough has double, knead it and divide into 4 pieces.
4. Roll out each piece to 9X6 inch on a lightly floured surface.
5. Place about 2 tablespoons green chile and 1/4 cup of cheese down the middle of the rolled dough.
6. Fold over the long sides of the dough and then roll it length wise.
7. Place rolled pieces into Sweet Creation pan and let rise in warm place for a hour.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or lightly brown on top.
9. Cool for an hour and then bread will be easy to remove from pan.
These are the green chiles I had in my freezer. Here in New Mexico, we roast and freeze them to use year round. For more about New Mexico green chile read my previous post. Green Chile
Now for the best part! I have a giveaway for one of my readers to win their own Good Cook Sweet Creation 4 cup loaf pan and Holiday parchment paper. Just enter on the Rafflecopter. Good luck!
You can also buy the Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Pan on the Good Cook site. See it here http://www.goodcook.com/decorating/loaf-&-cake-pans/nonstick-mini-loaf-4-cup-p-755.html.
It’s currently $8.83 and you can even save another 25% by using the code “SWEETLOAF” at checkout.
"These opinions are my own and I was sent a Sweet Creations pan from Good Cook to write this review."