The holidays are almost here and I have a healthy Gluten Free Peppermint White Chocolate Brownie recipe to share with you. These brownies are also high in protein. So go ahead and indulge in this holiday treat. These brownies are moist and so decadent and have a wonderful peppermint flavor.
These brownies are made with Garden Of Life Chocolate Cacao RAW Organic Meal protein powder. One scoop of this protein powder has 20 grams of clean, Organic plant protein and 44 Superfoods, including organic grass juices, fruits, and veggies. It is also loaded with fiber and low in sugar.
Gluten Free Peppermint White Chocolate Brownies
Makes 16 squaresIngredients
1 15oz can black beans, rinsed/drained
1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
2 scoops Garden Of Life Chocolate Cacao RAW Organic Meal -see notes
4 tablespoons coconut oil
2 large eggs
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
10 ounces white chocolate chips
1 cup crushed peppermint candies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Add all of the ingredients into a food processor.
2. Blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
3. Spray an 8 x 10" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and line with parchment paper. The parchment will help you lift the brownies out later.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared dish and spread it out evenly.
5. Place the dish in the center of the oven and bake for 30- 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
7. Using the parchment paper, lift the brownies out of the pan and place them on the counter.
8. Frost with melted chocolate chips and sprinkle the crushed peppermint candies on top.
Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish. Cook the chocolate on high in 30 seconds increments until melted, stirring in between.
Notes- you can use another Garden of Life protein powder or your favorite protein powder. The Garden of Life powder is equal to 1/2 cup and 40 grams of protein. If you sub another protein powder just use their measurement of 40 grams of protein.